Wednesday, October 5, 2011

TV shows CASTLE, BODY OF PROOF, DANCING WITH THE STARS

Despite the blogs criticizing it, I still love Castle. I don't know much about police procedurals, so the flaws mentioned in the blogs didn't bother me in this week's episode. I just enjoyed the entertaining value, and the trip in the cryogenic lab was fun. Although I agree that the formulaic pace could be improved. Every time my husband says "This guy is the murderer for sure," I check the clock and say "Nope. We are only twenty minutes into the episode, so it's a red herring for sure."

I also watch BODY OF PROOF, on Tuesdays after the results of Dancing With the Stars, and find myself enjoying it, too. Just when you think it can't get worse, it does (in a good way). Great storylines. And they saved the sick little boy who was kidnapped, and the culprit was totally unexpected.

As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of Dancing with the Stars, and last night's elimination was a total let down. I hate it when the viewers do not vote according to talent. But, of course that's what makes the competition unpredictable. Although I believe the judges' scores should count for more than half. This happened in the finals of a previous season, and they changed the system so that at least the final say is to the judges in the last contest and quality can win over popularity. Will probably keep watching, but much of the spark is gone.

Vijaya Schartz
Award-winning Sci-Fi, Romance with a kick
http://www.vijayaschartz.com/

No comments: