Monday, April 11, 2011

A great time at the RT Booklovers Convention in L.A.

The Book signing and the ebook Expo at the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention April 6 to April 10, 2011, were hugely attended. Authors, readers, librarians, booksellers and book lovers of all kinds attended not only the book signings but also the workshops and the wild costumed parties. From Faeries to vampires, from Bollywood to Hollywood, there was something for every taste.

RT is always a joy to attend and everyone is so friendly, it doesn't feel like a working conference, but like a place to meet friends and a big family of readers and book lovers.

An attending reader brought home baked cookies to distribute to her favorite authors. Where else but at RT can you find such atmosphere?

Yes, it's me on the photograph, at the eBook Fair, showing off my kindle and talking to readers, and holding the poster of Red Leopard. Book Four in the Chronicles of Kassouk series is due in August 2011 and is titled BLUE LIONESS.

Already looking forward to the next RT Convention in April next year. It will be in Chicago. Brrrrr.


The only glitch was the unusually cold weather. I brought my bathing suit but didn't get a chance to hit the pool. It was too cold anyway. Now I'm warming up my bones back home in Phoenix Arizona, where you can always count on the sun.

Vijaya Schartz
sci-fi & Romance with a Kick
http://www.vijayaschartz.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to meet you Vijaya! I had a wonderful, whirlwind weekend. Next year, I'll know more of what to expect. See you in Chicago!