Sunday, August 17, 2008

San Francisco was a blast


just returned from the National Conference of Romance Writers of America in San Francisco. What a thrill. Not only the city is enchanting with its old European charm, but the event itself gathered over 2,000 writers. The Literacy book signing alone had 520 authors in one room, including Nora Robert and a slew of NYT best-selling authors. I'm on the right, next to Laurie Schnebly and the next author starting with an "S" Melissa Schroeder. I can now say I was signing my books along with Nora Roberts in the same room at the same time, and I still sold my Golden Quill Award-winning book, Anaz-voohri, and chatted with many personal fans.


Of course, I met with editors and agents. That's the main purpose of those professional conferences, but I also donned a glitzy gown for the Awards Banquet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I've been to a conference in the boonies of Pennsylvania - conference was fantastic, the landscape not so much. I think you're right to work in a conference in a beautiful location. I love San Francisco!

The book definitely looks interesting. Any chance that you could link the cover art to Amazon so people can click to read more about it?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Emma:

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I lived in PA for a short while (Philadelphia). But I now live in Phoenix Arizona. After years in warm climates, I can't take the cold anymore.
Here is the link to Amazon for Anaz-voohri:
http://www.amazon.com/Anaz-Voohri-Operation-Pleiades/dp/1601860331/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222194647&sr=1-2

But you can find more on this book and other links to buy it on my personal website at:
http://www.vijayaschartz.com

Thanks for your interest in my blog.

Vijaya Schartz